Experience of HIV-related discrimination in health-care settings
Progress in reducing HIV-related discrimination experienced by people living with HIV when seeking health-care services.
Number of respondents who respond in the affirmative (“Yes”) to at least one of the seven items per question.
Number of all respondents
- Denial of care due to HIV status.
- Advised not to have sex because of HIV status.
- Being the subject of gossip or negative talk because of HIV status.
- Verbal abuse because of HIV status.
- Physical abuse because of HIV status.
- Avoidance of physical contact because of HIV status.
- Sharing of HIV status without consent.
Every 2–3 years
- Type of health service (HIV, non-HIV).
- Gender (male, female or transgender).
- Key population (identification with at least one of the key population groups).
- Age group (15–19 years, 20–24 years or 25–49 years).
- Length of time living with HIV (0–<1 years, 1–4 years, 5–9 years, 10–14 years, or 15+ years).
Explanation of the individual items